Founded and owned by Paul Didelius, the Frontier Rail Group of companies includes six short line railroads operating over 300 track miles plus industrial switching operations in five states. With an industry leading safety record and strong compliance program, Frontier Rail’s experienced management team and approximately 55 employees deliver safe, efficient, and cost effective transportation and other rail services.
After finishing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH, Paul worked in management for Union Pacific in Chicago, IL. In 2006, Paul founded Frontier Rail with a leased SD9 locomotive and a single switching contract in Wallula, WA. Nine years later, the Frontier Rail Group of companies includes six short line railroads and rail switching operations in five states – just the beginning.
- Frontier Rail CFO and Director of Operations of Western Region, with the company since January 2012
- Senior Auditor, SEC practice, Marcum LLP, Los Angeles, CA, 2006 – 2011
- MA Accountancy, University of Southern California
- BA Economics, Northwestern University
Katie Inouye, CPA
Katie Inouye, CPA joined Frontier Rail as Accounting Manager and Controller in 2016. Before coming aboard, Katie was an Audit and Tax Manager at a national public accounting firm where she developed expertise in cost analysis, financial projections, and construction accounting. Outside of work, Katie enjoys spending time with her two daughters and running obstacle courses.
- Frontier Rail Director of Marketing and Director of Operations of Eastern Region since February of 2015
- Previously, 10 years with U.S. Rail Partners, joining the Board of Directors in 2004 and progressing through increasingly responsible positions as Director of Business Solutions ultimately serving as President of the organization beginning in 2013.
- Prior rail experience includes intermodal operations with Canadian National Railway, fleet asset management for General Electric as well as intermodal customer operations and freight transportation consulting.
- Bachelor of Arts, Michigan State University
- Member of Midwest Association of Rail Shippers, Traffic Club of Chicago, Intermodal Association of Chicago